Thursday, September 17, 2009

LIVE - Update 4 (8:36 p.m.)

8:29 p.m. - Parsons is giving financial updates on Amelia Elementary and the budget status. Then Secretary Williams starts questioning him as to why he is spending time out of his day to answer these questions. Williams then says it is a waste of time.

Neild then says that Thomas told him that if he had questions, write them down and send them to Parsons. Williams starts asking again about the waste of time.

Neild then says: "This is the only time we have to discuss this in open meetings in front of the public." And makes reference to how much of this information isn't distributed in a public forum.

A large group then cheers in support of Neild.

Brassard then said: As a board we all need to decide if we are going to ask questions about something, we submit them at least a week ahead of time. I've been amazed at the volume of material I get sent ahead of time in board packets to read before meetings. I know for myself I didn't know you (Neild) had received a set of questions until tonight when I got up in my seat to look at these questions, so I don't know now from your answers. I don't have time to personally digest this and know what your abbreviations mean to know if I have another questions or not. As a board, we need to get our questions to the right people at an earlier time.

Then Parsons left the podium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to leave your name. Just say what you want. If you want to be anonymous, use the drop down menu. It's better if you come up with an open ID. It's like a nickname you can change every post.

If you get too vulgar, I'll have to delete you. It's a "family"-ish blog after all. But otherwise. Say what ya feel! That's what this is for!