Thursday, September 17, 2009

LIVE - Update 7 (9:24 p.m.)

9:12 p.m. - Michelle McCleland. Two kids at Curtis. One at Marshall. One at Westbrook and is a teacher at Sallie Curtis.

She says: I completely support the goals of the district and I am proud of all of them but one - except for the school I teach in everyday. It is simply an eyesore to our community and it's past time our children are given the proper building and resources that they not only need, but they deserve. If at all possible, please consider the YMCA option. Especially, if we can make it happen sooner rather than later.

9:14 p.m. - Brian McCleland. Tagged teamed by the McClelands tonight. I am here about the Sallie Curtis issue. I appreciate that you came out to our open house and it showed that you were concerned for our input. There are a lot of naysayers that say you already know what you are going to do. I hope that's not true. I hope you prove those naysayers wrong. I asked people to vote for the bond. I want you to stick to the schedule you promised. I heard the people from South Park say they don't know if they will be getting their school. We don't know if we are getting our school either. We voted for it. We want to make sure it stays on schedule.

9:15 - Paula Gresham. At Sept. 1 town hall meeting, I asked why not find us some land for our portables? Thomas replied: "There was no land to speak of."

I then proposed that we used some of the Westbrook land. He then said that we would have to get rid of soccer fields. Of course, it would be a shame if we lose anything sports related. So the YMCA came to mind.

We know this is a big decision and we understand. All we ask is that you at least consider it. It looks like you have already made up your mind for Regina Howell according to exhibit W. To us it looks like you are only buying time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You don't have to leave your name. Just say what you want. If you want to be anonymous, use the drop down menu. It's better if you come up with an open ID. It's like a nickname you can change every post.

If you get too vulgar, I'll have to delete you. It's a "family"-ish blog after all. But otherwise. Say what ya feel! That's what this is for!